The Base-(ics)


I have a lot of blog posts to catch up on. Since the last update, I've been working, a lot, and I mean, a lot. Still though, with what little time I have in my study, I've been focusing on getting some Malifaux crews ready to play. I started mentioning in my last post that there is something of an impressive Malifaux scene starting up in town and in the month since then, the following seems to have grown. At this point, two different stores in town host two different nights of Malifaux, along with several paint days, demo days and something like 3 tournaments in the last two months. Not bad, and certainly inspiration to get some models painted and get out there.

(The painting thing is purely a point of pride...or maybe my continued social anxiety. After so many years hobbying, I really want to play with painted miniatures...or I am nervous about meeting new people...whatever.)

The one thing I have been most excited about painting Malifaux miniatures is the glorious large round lipped bases. As something of a terrain expert, I have always had a special place in my heart for terrin building, and so little time nowadays to actually build terrain. The hope is that I will be able to build some table in the coming year, especially with a good gaming group to make use of them, but until then, I have bases. 

As work has begun on my Seamus crew, I thought I'd break to show off some of the bases on which he and his ladies will be mounted. I wanted his crew to be based on simple cobblestones, but I also wanted to make them undeniably from the Quarantine Zone, broken and crumbling streets and buildings.

Much more to come.

-Nick

Comments

Popular Posts